Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring Time Blues

I thought the blues were supposed to hit in the fall and winter...I seem to have a case of the spring time blues. I think I know the root cause - 1. It's beautiful outside, and I'm stuck at work indoors all day long. 2. My house has not had a bout of spring cleaning since last spring - it's beyond awful and I don't know where to start. To make it worse, my husband (a realtor) has taken a sabatical due to the economy and is playing Mr. Mom...well, housekeeper he is not! I soooooo badly want him to go back to work...yes, we are broke, but I don't care about that. We've been broke since the economy fell in 2008 and we've held up fine. My house on the other hand is falling apart with him home, and it's driving me up a wall. I seriously can't wait to get MY schedule back in place. Ack! 3. Summertime is almost here, and we are broke...that makes it hard to keep the kids entertained. We had promised them come summer they could go to their old summer camp, but it just ain't gonna happen...and I'm sad for them. :(
On a happy note, we get a beach house for free for the week of July 4th...we got to go last year, and it's a beautiful 4 bedroom house 1 block off the beach, and I'm soooooooo totally thankful for hubby's sweet friend who is letting us have it again this year. My folks will be going with us too - unfortunately in-laws won't make it due to my FIL having health problems. :( But I'm just glad we do have something to look forward to.
Anywho...life is still crazy. Kids last day is next Friday. They will be attending a new school next year - we haven't moved, but a new school has popped up closer to us, and we are in the new attendance area. Not sure if I'm happy or not - a lot of their friends will be staying behind...but they will still know several kids moving as well. They're young - they'll be fine. Kids adjust well!
I don't know exactly why I'm so bluesy all of a sudden. It could be 1. 2. 3. listed above, along with the fact that I read a blog earlier that got me weepy...it talked about when you need a good down and dirty cry, things that will always work...just reading the list made me want to crawl under my desk in the fetal position and let loose! I don't know that my co-workers would appreciate it, though. They may be on the phone with the EAP and setting me up for the next available counseling session. Ha!
Well, I always have so many random thoughts to type about, but I always have a brain freeze as soon as my fingers start typing. Why is that? I guess it's a good thing I'm not a writer - it doesn't come naturally to me. I just like to type - even senseless words and typing allow me to vent. In college my roommates used to get me to type their papers for them...not write them, just do the typing part. In a weird way it was therapeutic. I didn't have to think too hard - just tap away with my fingers and away goes the stress...I know, I'm weird...what can I say?! :)

No comments: