I know I don't write here often enough, but things are always so crazy! I think about writing, then something comes up. I have thoughts running through my head at all times of the day, but when I go to write, I'm all of a sudden blank. Why is that?
Anywho - with Thanksgiving coming up I thought I would post about all the things I'm thankful for this year. The list is long, but it's a good reminder for those days when I'm not feeling so thankful - this will be here to let me know I am truly blessed in many ways:
1. I'm thankful for my wonderful family. My husband, my two beautiful children, my always supportive and helpful parents and mother-in-law.
2. My sweet furry kitties who always know when mama needs some snuggle time.
3. A house we can call our own - although a lower mortgage would be nice. :) At least we have a home, and have been lucky enough to keep it during the hard times.
4. My job - although I sometimes complain (okay a lot complain) about my work, I actually do enjoy my co-workers, and I like what I do. And, again, during this economic downturn I am thankful that I have a job to go to.
5. My car - although it may be old, and it grumbles at me on cold mornings, it gets me where I need to go, and has never let me down. (Although I would rather have my hubby's mustang...it's perty). ;)
6. My church - although we don't go as often as we should, I love to go to church. I always feel refreshed and better after attending. Why don't I go more often? I'm lazy and like to sleep in on Sunday's...that's the honest truth. But I do like that connection to God whenever I do go.
7. Food - I love food...any type of food. And I am blessed to have an abundance in our pantry at any given time.
8. My health - I just had all my biometrics done recently and on a scale of 1-100 (with 100 being excellent health) I got a 91. Not too shabby...I could lose a few pounds, but overall I can't complain.
9. My friends - whether far away, or near and dear I am blessed to have many friends. Many I get to see often. Many I haven't seen in years, but I know I could count on them in a pinch if I called. And I hope they think the same way about me!
10. The gift of reading! I LOVE to read a good book - and there are so many good ones out there I have yet to read. I love that I have that passion for reading. My husband can't stand to read, and that is a foreign concept to me - I find it sad. Thank goodness my children are starting to pick up on my love of books. It's encouraging!
Okay - I'll stop at 10 for now...I know there are so many other things to be thankful for, but I won't bore you anymore. I just hope that everyone has a safe, and very Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble!